Details of French Dinky 22A Maserati 2000 Sports Car
The French Dinky Maserati 2000 Sports Car.
In their 1958 catalogue, French Dinky advertised the Maserati 2000 sport as to be newly introduced during that year and subsequently, the French Meccano Magazine announced the release of the model in the April. The 88mm long, red painted model cost 3 new francs, about 6/-. Dinky produced the model in both France and the UK, with the French version having larger headlights and a more pronounced oval grille. In a pre-production model, the car’s interior had cream seating, which was changed to a red, matching the bodywork, in the retailed model. The car’s driver has white overalls and helmet. The model had ribbed steel hubs, which were replaced by concave hubs around the time of the renumbering, to model 505, during 1959.
French Dinky’s model of the Maserati 2000 sport was based on the successful 1953, Maserati A6GCS, a sports car with a 6-cylinder, 1985cc engine, which had a top speed of 240 km/h.
Released in April 1958 and renumbered in 1959, the model was withdrawn in 1961. The original price was 3Fr. . It was available in red finish. Released as French Dinky 22A in 1958 withdrawn as French Dinky 22A in 1961.
Base:tin plate base
Origin:Made in France
Vehicle type:sports car
Wheels:cast ridged hubs, plain rubber tyres
If you know about this model you can add more detail by email to: email@example.com where you can also send pictures of your models to add to the site.
Related models on this site that may be of interest.
- Auto Pilen M507 Maserati Ghibli
- Bburago 3371 Maserati 3200 GT, 1998
- Brumm 75 Maserati
- Dinky 206 Maserati
- Dinky 231 Maserati Racing Car
- Dinky 23N Maserati Racing Car
- Dinky Atlas 22A Maserati Sports 2000
- ERTL ? Maserati Quattroporte
- French Dinky 505 Maserati 2000 Sports Car
- Gama 9840 Maserati Indy
- Guiloy ? Maserati Ghibli
- Impy 9 Maserati Mistral
- Lone Star 9 Maserati Mistrale
- Matchbox 52A Maserati 4CLT 1948
- Matchbox King Size K-56 Maserati Bora
- Matchbox Models of YesterYear Y-10 1957 Maserati
- Matchbox Superfast 32B Maserati Bora
- Mebetoys A/10 Maserati Mistral Coupe
- Mebetoys A72 Maserati Bora
- Mercury 24 Maserati 3500GT
- Mercury 34 Maserati GP
- Mercury 44/1 Maserati Grand Prix race car
- Mercury 52 Maserati 250 F.1
- Norev 306975 Maserati Boomerang
- Norev 820 Maserati Ghibli
- Penny 0/201B Maserati Frua
- Penny 0/29 Maserati 3500 GT Coupe
- Politoys M501 Maserati 3500 GT Sebring Coupe
- Politoys M541 Maserati Quattroporte
- Sakura ? Maserati Bora
- Scamold 105 Maserati Racing Car
- Siku 351 Maserati Boomerang
- siku V295 Maserati Mistral
- Tomica DANDY F08 Maserati Bora
- Tomica F45 Maserati Merak SS
- Tomica T7 Maserati Merak SS
- Unknown 20042 Maserati Grandturismo
Thank you to the following contributors of images and or information for this page.
- Thanks to Ben Bosch
- Thanks to Chris R
- Thanks to John Morris
- Thanks to Pascal Michel (Modele en Papier)
- Thanks to Philip Charlet
- Thanks to TeknoSchuco
- Thanks to Walter Herter