Dinky Guy Trucks
Dinky 433/513, 511, 514 and Guy Trucks from John Dean
Guy Motors Limited of Wolverhampton produced the Otter on which these Dinky Toys are based from about 1946. There were a number of variations in the castings and 2 types of wheels were fitted as can be seen below.
Dinky 431/511/ 911 Guy 4 Ton lorry
Dinky 512 Guy Flat truck 1947-54
Dinky 433/ 513/913 Guy Flat Truck with Tailboard 1947-54
Dinky 514 Guy Van 'Weetabix'
Dinky 514 Guy Van 'Golden Shred' Released June 1957
Dinky 514 Guy Van 'Lyons Swiss Rolls' Released in 1951
Dinky 514 Guy Van 'Slumberland'
Dinky 514/917 Guy Van 'Spratts'
Dinky 918 Guy Van 'Ever Ready' Release December 1955
Variations in the chassis casting can be seen by examining the area around the front number plate.
- Dinky No: 431 Guy Warrior 4 Ton Lorry
- Dinky No: 432 Guy Flat Truck
- Dinky No: 433 Guy Flat Truck with Tailboard
- Dinky No: 511 Guy 4 Ton Lorry
- Dinky No: 512 Guy Flat Truck
- Dinky No: 513 Guy Flat Truck with Tailboard
- Dinky No: 514 Guy Van 'Weetabix'
- Dinky No: 514 Guy Van 'Spratts'
- Dinky No: 514 Guy Van 'Slumberland'
- Dinky No: 514 Guy Van 'Lyons Swiss Rolls'
- Dinky No: 911 Guy 4 Ton lorry
- Dinky No: 913 Guy Flat Truck with Tailboard
- Dinky No: 917 Guy Van 'Spratts'
- Dinky No: 918 Guy Van 'Ever Ready'
- Dinky No: 919 Guy Van 'Golden Shred'
- Thanks to John Dean
- Dinky Mania
- History of Commercial Vehicles from Guy Motors Limited Wolverhampton
Guy Otter Flatbed Lorry Built 1950 ©Peter Quinn