Vehicle model: Midget
Dinky 35B Midget Car Racer
The Dinky Midget Car Racer
The pre war version was longer with no driver.
The second in the series of small cars, a racing car has been called an MG Midget, but is more like an MG R-type, which frequently raced on the Brooklands circuit. The sports car is named as an MG midget and reflects the beginnings of a long line of cars and models bearing that name. The small cars series were at a 1:76 scale and were first issued between 1936 and 1941 and then, after the war, from 1945. Initially, each sold for 3d (pence), with the gift set of all three costing 9d.
The actual car, often referred to as the Midget racer, was more likely to have been an MG R-type, which had an overhead camshaft version of the 1928 Morris Minor and Wolseley 10 engine. The car had a supercharger and 4-speed pre-selector gearbox, Y shaped steel chassis, with wishbone and torsion bar suspension, lever arm shock absorbers and cable operated drum brakes.Cost 3d available in silver,yellow,red finish at 1:76 scale. Dinky in detail...
Dinky 102 MG Midget
The Dinky MG Midget Other variants numbered 108 and 129. Included in the August 1957 catalogue. Cost 3/- available in green (cream seats) or yellow (red seats) finish at 1:43 scale. Dinky in detail...
Dinky 108 MG Miget Sports
The Dinky MG Miget Sports Illustrated in the September 1955 Meccano Magazine.Cost 3/9 available in white, red, cream finish. Dinky in detail...
Dinky 129 MG Miget
The Dinky MG Miget This was No 108 renumbered for the US market. The 129 Number was only shown on the box the baseplate is stamped 108. This version did not have racing numbers. available in red, white finish at 1:41 scale. Dinky in detail...
Dinky 149 Sports Cars in Racing Finish
The Dinky Sports Cars in Racing Finish Gift Set of 5 cars. Sunbeam Alpine Sports, MG Midget Sports, Austin Healey 100 Sports, Aston Martin DB35, Triumph TR2 Sports. Advertised in the September 1958 Meccano Magazine.Cost 15/- at 1:43 scale. Dinky in detail...
Spot-On 103 MG Midget
The Spot-On MG Midget New Zealand version available in red finish at 1:42 scale. Spot-On in detail...
Spot-On 116 MG PB Midget
The Spot-On MG PB Midget New Zealand version available in blue finish at 1:42 scale. Spot-On in detail...
Spot-On 279 MG PB Midget (1935)
The Spot-On MG PB Midget (1935) . available in red finish at 1:42 scale. Spot-On in detail...
Spot-On 281 MG Miget Mk II
The Spot-On MG Miget Mk II "Speeding with Policeman" available in red, white, blue finish at 1:42 scale. Spot-On in detail...
Tomica ? 30th Anniversary Set 1970 - 2000
The Tomica 30th Anniversary Set 1970 - 2000 The set consists of:
- Isuzu Truck, 1/67 scale, Issued under Nos. 35, 36 & 37...
- Mitsubishi FUSO Bus, 1/156, No. 41, Released 1974
- Nissan President, 1/67, No. 81, Period Tomica Logo on doors.
- Nissan Fairlady 240ZG, 1/60, No. 58, Released 1975
- Toyota Land Cruiser, 1/60, No. 2
- Nissan Diesel Fire Engine, 1/120, issued under Nos 22 & 43
- London Bus, 1/130, Released1977, No. F15
- Fiat X1/9, 1/59, F28, released 1977
- Mitsubishi FUSO Truck Series, 1/127, Issued under Nos. 11 & 20
- De Tomaso Pantera GTS, 1/61, No. 10, Released 1978
- Jaguar XJ-S, 1/67, No. 24, Released 1978
- Citroen H Truck, 1/71, No. F17, Released 1979
- Mercedes Benz 300SL, 1/63, No 13
- Daihatsu Midget, 1/50, No. 62
- Honda S800M, 1/51, No. 23
- Nissan Silvia, 1/61, No. 6
- Nissan Skyline 2000 GT-E.8, 1/65, No. 20
- Citroen 2CV, 1/57, No. 3
- Honda Civic, 1/58, No. 17
- Nissan Gloria Van (Fire Chief), 1/65, No. 47
- Mercedes Benz A Class, 1/57, No. 107, Released 1999
- Toyota Celica, 1/60, No. 96, Released 1999
- Mitsubishi FUSO Aero Queen Bus, 1/156, No. 1, Released 2000
- Toyota Vitz / Yaris, 1/57, No. 110, Released 1999
Tomica 62 Daihatsu Midget
The Tomica Daihatsu Midget Featured in Tomica's 30th Anniversary set. available in cream finish at 1:50 scale. Tomica in detail...